By James Delingpole
So many new developments: which story do we pick? Maybe best to summarise, instead. After all, itâ€™s not like youâ€™re going to find much of this reported in the MSM.
1. Australiaâ€™s Senate rejects Emissions Trading Scheme for a second time. Or: so turkeys donâ€™t vote Christmas. Expect to see a lot more of this: politicians starting to become aware their partyâ€™s position on AGW is completely out of kilter with the public mood and economic reality. Kevin Ruddâ€™s Emissions Trading Scheme â€“ what Andrew Bolt calls â€œa $114 billion green tax on everythingâ€ â€“ would have wreaked havoc on the coal-dependent Australian economy. Thatâ€™s why several opposition Liberal frontbenchers resigned rather than vote with the Government on ETS; why Liberal leader Malcolm Turnbull lost his job; and why the Senate voted down the ETS.
2. Danes caught fiddling their carbon credits. (Hat tip: Philip Stott) Carbon trading is the Emperorâ€™s New Clothes of international finance. It was invented by none other than Ken Lay, whose Enron would currently be one of the prime beneficiaries in the global alternative energy market, if it hadnâ€™t been shown to be (nearly) as fraudulent as the current AGW scam. It is a licence to fleece, cheat and rob. Still, jolly embarrassing for the Danes to get caught red handed, what with their hosting a conference shortly in which the worldâ€™s leaders will try, straight-faced, to persuade us that carbon emissions trading is the only viable way of defeating ManBearPig.
3. Hats off to The Daily Express â€“ the first British newspaper to make the AGW scam its front page story.
The piece was inspired by another bravura performance by Professor Ian Plimer, the Aussie geologist who argues that climate change has been going on quite naturally, oblivious of human activity, for the last 4,567 million years.
4. BBC finally gets round to reporting â€“ sort of â€“ that Climatic Research Unit at University of East Anglia may have been up to no good. Itâ€™s true that this report on their website is so hedged with special pleading for the temporarily suspended director Phil Jones the man might have written it himself. But on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme this morning, I did hear the newsreader reporting it as more than just a routine theft story. Which is a start.
5. Legal actions ahoy! Over the next few weeks, one thing we can be absolutely certain of is concerted efforts by the rich, powerful and influential AGW lobby to squash the Climategate story. Weâ€™ve seen this already in the â€œnothing to see hereâ€ response of Dr Rajendra Pachauri, the jet-setting, troll-impersonating railway engineer who runs the IPCC and wants to stop ice being served with water in restaurants. This is why those of us who oppose his scheme to carbon-tax the global economy back to the dark ages must do everything in our power to bring the scandal to a wider audience. One way to do this is law suits.
In doing some research into the Global Warming and the IPCC I ran across some amazing information of which I was not aware.
The Global Warming “Hockey Stick” is the graph provided and to show the projected increase in global tempertures.
The projections graph was from a computer model was prepared by Mann Bradley and Hughes 1998, (MBH98) Reconstruction of Global Tempertures.
The McIntyre Mc Kitrick 2005, (MM05) audit paper found that when using MBH98 methods 99% of the time a Hockey Stick shaped graph was created when using random trendless data. In a nutshell…. MBH98 had a less than 100 years of slight temperture increase .7 degrees and developed a computer model that would provide hockey stick projection regardless of the new inputs… What the Hell kind of Scientific Computer Model Projection is that???? Science does not have enough information to predict future tempertures. So why are we giving EPA the power to regulate CO2 emmissions and increase businesses costs and our bills without a reasonable cause and effect relationship??? Are these the same pointed headed jerks that told us the Ozone Hole would cause us to all get skin cancer and die by now…. Figures can lie… and liars DO figure…
Mike, Thank you!
Just found this blog. Very nice.
It’s all unravelling now? I think the power of the radicals, the greens, too many governments, the UN, and the billions of dollars spent supporting Gore’s fantasy argues a different story. We’re in the game now, finally, but we have a long ways to go and there’s no way the other side will give up. There’s too much power and too much money at stake for them to ever give up. They have too much to lose.
Expect more whitewashing, lies, bad science, rude and insulting remarks, increased hysteria, and so on.
Greg, I agree with you.
The left does not have a monopoly of hysteria…
Look at Pelosie, Reid et al. Hysteria at it’s highest level.