In an unprecedented move Wednesday, the Norwegian Nobel Committee rescinded the Peace Prize it awarded in 2007 to former US vice president Al Gore and the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, amid overwhelming evidence that global warming is an elaborate hoax cooked up by Mr. Gore.
A press release from the committee quotes a chagrined Rajendra Pachauri, the UN climate panel’s chair, who claims that he was the victim of a “cunning deception spanning decades”:
“I am deeply ashamed for having unwittingly perpetuated such a massive fraud on the governments of the world,” said Mr. Pachauri.
“It turns out that all that data from satellites and radiosondes, surface temperature readings, borehole analysis, measurements of rising sea levels, melting glaciers and permafrost, phenological data, and proxy reconstructions of paleoclimatic conditions were all fabricated out of thin air by my former friend, Al Gore. Now that I think about it, I suppose that we should have instituted some sort of peer-review process before publishing such alarming conclusions. Once again, I’m very sorry.”
After revoking the 2007 prize from Gore and the IPCC, the Nobel committee retroactively awarded it to the more than 31,000 people who signed the Oregon Petition â€“ an appeal challenging the notion that there exists a scientific consensus regarding global warming â€“ “for their efforts to pursue pure, objective science that is free from the influence of any special interest group.”
If only. Right? This is not the best April fools though. I say that because I think the best April fools are ones that are actually plausable. I knew this was a joke from the headline. I like ones where you start thinking “what? Really?” You know, the kind that draws you in, and you think it is real, even if only for a few seconds. This sounded more like something from the Onion.
Yea, it was too obvious. They really tried to push the idea that global warming is science and legit record keeping. They don’t keep up with the news I guess. Keep pluggin away!
OK. OK. I as going to write one about how the 81 degree day in Minneapolis today convinced me that anthropogenic global warming was real and I was going to shut down the blog, but I was pressed for time today and just grabbed the first global warming april fools story I came across. Sorry I couldn’t put more into it. Too much on my plate today! I’ll make it up to you in 12 days.
No, it wasn’t that bad Dan. Definately within the spirit of the day. Other than being too obvious it was a good story. “Don’t sell yourself short judge….. you’re a tremendous slouch!” -Chevy Chase in Caddyshack.
What?! Dan cut and pasted??!!
Why yes. In case you haven’t noticed, this is primarliy a news aggregator site. All article stubs from other sources are given an author credit and a link to the whole story at the original source.
Only is our wildest dreams. Thank’s for the April Fool joke. Needed that!
I was being sarcastic becuase some folks here have repeatedly dimissed some of my posts for that reason. Anything to avoid a real discussion…
No Rob your posts are dismissed because they are usually Left wing propaganda generally bashing Republicans and Capitalism. The fact that you cut and past without giving credit or source is a reflection on your ethics.
I never avoid a conflicting statement.
You two are so perfect and saintly. Must be nice. Shame on me… boo hoo…
Oh wait, Dan admitted cut and pasting is ok, etc. Shame on Dan too!
Gore would be proud of you.
Maybe I am Gore. How do you know? he he he…
I think you ar smarter. Gore can’t even argue himself out of a wet paper sack, can you?
I’m dumb compared to Gore. Here’s more about the right-wing’s war on democracy-
The Heritage Foundation is the bastard child of Paul M. Weyrich (a Goldwater Kool-Aid drinker), funded by the fortune of Joseph Coors (anti-democratic beer baron). It has been as anti-progress and pro-corporate-gangster-globaliztion as any group of conservative fools could be.
The Heritage Foundation’s Orwellian definition of “freedom” is colored by my favorite Weyrich quote: “I don’t want everybody to vote. Elections are not won by a majority of the people. They never have been from the beginning of our country and they are not now. As a matter of fact, our leverage in the elections quite candidly goes up as the voting populace goes down.
You are dumber than Gore? You must be kidding? “Dumb like a fox” they say. Never trust a man with a little knowledge.
Well at least now you know what kind of beer you should be drinking…
Can’t afford expensive stuff. Even if I could never would.
Coors- the choice of the far right.
Now for some facts:
1) The amount of errors found in the IPCC report that have been seized upon as “proof” of flawed science was far far fewer than can be found in medicine or agronomy or really any other branch of science that you would care to mention. As of today 3 actual ‘errors’ have been found in 10,000 studies.
2)Every major science academy on the planet that has commented on Al Gore’s movie gave it high marks for accuracy (please cite a science organization — or a climate scientist — that SUBSTANTIALLY disagrees with An Inconvenient Truth).
3) The Parliamentary Inquiry into the CRU “Climategate” exonerated Phil Jones and found that his greatest misdeed was simply to block others from obtaining information because Jones believed it was a waste of his time to pander to non-scientists who wanted to pester him unnecessarily. The inquiry also discovered that the “lost” data which was seized upon by skeptics as proof of a cover up still actually exists and is available to anyone one who wishes to retrieve it from the weather stations.
4) The Penn State Inquiry into alleged misdeeds of Michael Mann has also exonerated him on 3 of the 4 points raised — the 4th point will be adjudicated this summer.
5) Mann’s famous ‘hockey stick’ that has been “discredited” has been re-accredited by two separate international teams of scientists using the same raw data — their graphs turn out to be consistent with Mann’s.
What have you been drinking, reading? I thought the sixty’s were bad.
Drewski’s had too many Brewski’s. Read today’s article debunking your Bull you state.
I won’t drink Coors- it would be like drinking beer made from the Third Riech in Germany. The owner is a right-wing lunatic. Drink up wing-nuts.
Who said Coors??? My God, too many Brewskies?
I said Coors. Have another one Paul.
I only drink Coors in Hawaii. That’s what locals drink. Yeah, tough life I guess if your Hawaiian.
!.You mght stress that NO one doubts climate change, only Anthropogenic.
2. I operated 3 Orbiting Geohysical Obseryatories for 10 years. OGO, Polar OGO and Earth OGO. We recorded no changes to the climate or any CO2 effects.
3. The current CO2 sequestering plan doesn’t reduce CO2 in the atmosphere, only swaps quotas. Creates a new class of brokers.
I am a former Navy Director of Science and Technokogy Development.